Outside Sales Representative
|Salary Range:||Salary plus commission|
|Benefits:||Company car, laptop, phone, etc.|
The purpose of this position is to generate revenue by promoting sales of new and existing products for the company.
The territory for this position would ideally include Columbus and Cincinnati, Lexington, Richmond (IN), and areas in between.
|Duties:||• Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the customers' expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and processes that are continually being improved to satisfy our customers' needs.|
• Manages and maintains contacts with established customers and sources new business through prospecting new customers.
• Promotes and sells products in compliance with merchandise programs, pricing policies, and procedures.
• Promote company to create customer awareness and to communicate company capabilities and culture to the customers.
• Answers all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Compiles a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
• Handles customer complaints promptly and effectively.
• Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
• Participates in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings.
• Maintains customer and prospect information through customer relationship management software.
• May coordinate company technical support and services to ascertain customers' needs.
|Qualifications:||Critical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:|
• Sales and Marketing: Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work: Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Communicating with Persons Outside Organization: Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates: Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Selling or Influencing Others: Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Interacting with Computers: Using computers and computer systems to enter data, or process information.
• Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others: Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events: Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
• Tools: Computer, copier, fax, scanner, and cell phone.
• Technology: Microsoft Office software, ERP software, and electronic mail software.
• This particular position requires the individual to have a minimum of an associate's degree; 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Driver's license required for travel purposes.
• Prior sales experience in steel sales.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment and Conditions:
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and be able to communicate and take direction. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the use of computers and office equipment. The employee is regularly required to walk and stand. The employee is required to drive to customers or prospects, sometimes exceeding 175 miles. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.
Get Notified of New Jobs at Westfield Steel